Chile’s tourism campaign chosen as the best in Latin America’s digital industry
Publicado el 25 April 2019

The initiative prevailed over projects by PromPerú, Colombia and Air Europa, among others. The recognition, granted by #LatamDigital, will provide training and advice in the field of digital branding for future campaigns.
Imagen de una pareja románticamente abrazados tomandose fotografías en Valle Nevado

In terms of tourism, our country continues to reap awards and recognitions, this time in the hands of Chile es TUYO, the internal tourism brand of Sernatur. The campaign “Vacation are forecast” was distinguished as winner in the category “Best Country Brand Digital Campaign” in the awards #LatamDigital.

In addition, the third place in this same category was obtained with the campaign “Chile is Beautiful”, a production that was also awarded second place in the category “Best Initiative in Digital Tourism”.

This is the sixth version of the contest, held in Bogota, Colombia, which seeks to reward the best digital initiatives in Latin America. This year there were 672 entries, of which only 95 went on to the final stage.

The Undersecretary of Tourism, Mónica Zalaquett, pointed out that “this is a tremendous recognition for Chile because today technology and innovation occupy a preponderant place in the tourism industry, especially this year, in which the World Tourism Organization celebrates the digital transformation as one of its axes of action “.

Imagen de un trio de amigos brindando con vino chileno en medio de los viñedos del Valle del Maule


On the other hand, the content manager of the #LatamDigital awards, Karen Murillo, assured that “the selection criteria is framed in a 100% free application, where there is a questionnaire of relevant questions; as the impact caused by said campaign, results and KPIs obtained. Then, the final stage of public vote starts, which is equivalent to 60% of the vote and the other 40% to the juries, and this year it obtained an approximate participation of 50 thousand people “.

The award ceremony was held yesterday at an exclusive ceremony, where this important recognition for our country was announced. The award also includes advice on digital branding for future campaigns.

Get news like this,
subscribing to our "newsletter here"