Applications have already started for the Recupera Turismo (Tourism Recovery) Program, help that considers an investment of around $29,000,000,000 pesos for cooperatives, micro and small businesses in the field.
As announced by President Gabriel Boric Font along with the Minister of Economy, Nicolás Grau, applications will be received through the Technical Cooperation Service (Sercotec), which will grant a subsidy of $4,000,000 pesos for:
- Technical assistance and management consultancy
- Marketing activities
- Asset purchases (tangible and intangible)
- Infrastructure modification
- Raw materials and equipment
- Goods and services essential for the operation of the business
In order to access the benefit, micro, small businesses and cooperatives must meet the following requirements:
- To have started first category activities (in other words, to be authorized to run as business) before the Chilean Internal Revenue Service (SII) no later than November 30th, 2019.
- To be in force at the start of this call.
- To register net sales higher than 0 UF and less than or equal to 2,400 UF between July 2021 and June 2022.
This special call of Chile Apoya does not require a business contribution.
“Tourism is so much more than a business; tourism is pride in our own. It is identification with culture. It is one of the areas of the economy that employs the most women and that has the most innovation and creativity”, stated the President. In this regard, he assured that the government would do “everything at our disposal to provide for the Chilean economy and, in particular, small and medium-sized entrepreneurs”.
Those who wish to participate in the Recupera Turismo (Tourism Recovery) Program applications must go to the Sercotec website and complete the following steps:
- Select your region.
- Select the open call you wish to apply.
- Click on “View form” to download the rules.
- Access to the application form of the program.
The program application period ends on August 3rd at 15:00.